The Trebon castle
It was built on the place of a former manor, the Landstein court or fort, which had been transformed into a little castle in the second half of the 14th century. In year 1395 the little castle was first mentioned as castle, as some of the new owners from the Rosenberg linage had been residing here. Ulrich of Rosenberg (Oldřich z Rožmberka) had rebuilt the Treboner castle in the fifties of the 15th century, which already was the center of political meetings and discussions of the anti-podebrad and catholic unity of Strakonitz. Further enlargement of the castle had been commenced under Wok and Heinrich of Rosenberg (Vok a Jindřich z Rožmberka) in the last quarter of the 15th century and in the first quarter of the 16th century. Both alternations had been absorbed by late modifications undertaken by Wilhelm of Rosenberg (Vilém z Rožmberka), continuously transforming the little castle into a regular castle. The alternations commenced in 1565 and had been undertaken by the builder Jan Vlach. By further construction activity the interior castle courtyard had been completely circumvallated. Antonin Ericer, a builder had created unpretentious buildings with smooth walls, which have been revived by a Avant-corps of the tower and by a two-ply sheltered staircase on the inner side, that led to the entrance of the south-west tract. Significant alternations of the castle fall into the reign of Peter Vok of Rosenberg (Petr Vok z Rožmberka). Already in 1598 the former City hall had been acquired and by this the enlargement of the castle had continued on the exterior courtyard. In the following two years Domonik Comata, an Italian builder settled in Budweis (České Budějovice), undertook a modification of the south-east wing and an extension of the west tip at the south-west corner of the castle. Shortly after Peter Wok moved to Trebon (1602) the work continued on the alternations of the castle by constructing the Court room (Dvořanská světnice) in the basement of the newly finished south-east part of the castle building. Its paint decoration had been finished by the painter Tomas Trebechovsky in 1604. Outside the caste the Rosenberg armory (Rožmberská zbrojnice) had been built in years 1606-1608 between the Svinenska and Novohradska gates, which had been later turned into the Regent brewery (Pivovar Regent). In 1763 a building was build in the south west corner of the inner yard, and next to it in 1766 an office building named Stockl was built. In the last quarter of the 18. century a sundial in the rococo style had been painted on the inner side of the northern entrance to the square and an another one on the inner side of the northern castle wing (1795). In the 19th century the west wing and its protuberances into the garden had been reconstructed. A permanent exhibition of the city of Trebon and its fishpond cultivation is situated in the castle with publicly accessible historical rooms from times of the last Rosenbergs (as well as the women quarters, the Court room with a painted Rosenberg raider and symbols).
The Schwarzenberg tomb
The tomb had been built by the Schwarzenberg family southeast from the city close to the Svet fishpond according to plans of the Viennese builder Schmidt in 1874 - 1877 in form of a gothic revival center with an advanced tower and a staircase. In the crypt lie the coffins of the deceased members of the family. Diverse chamber performances are being held here, the tomb is open for public.
In 1883 the teacher Hucek used peat from nearby for home treatment, the successful treatment attracted more patients, in 1936 the bath had been taken over by the municipal administration. The first bath building had been the so called Berta spa (Bertiny lázně) next to the Golden canal. In 1975 a new sanatorium Aurora had been opened on the northern dam of the Svet fishpond, it has 400 beds, the treatment is non - resident, a swimming pool is situated here, a large park and a garden is nearby. The peat is brought from the forest district Barbora, the treatment of muscle diseases in form of a peat pack or baths, complemented by rehabilitation and massage. For the bath visitors there are three marked rehabilitation walk circle routes of 500m, 1 km and 1,5 km length (marked by vertical color stripes).
The present appearance of the brewery had been created by the modification of the original Rosenberg armory to a manorial Schwarzenberg brewery at the beginning of the 18th century. Thanks to a great demand for the Regent beer the brewery had to expand continuously until its current size and appearance. The brewing of the Regent beer uses exclusively natural materials and the beer is produced by preserved original technologies. In summer months a terrace is opened next to the brewery where aside from the traditional light and dark beer also a yeast beer can be tasted.